Het aloude BCN Café. Het staat je vrij hier alle soorten berichten te posten, zolang ze maar met klimmen te maken hebben.
Titel Gepost door Berichten Views Laatste    

'climbing permit' for foreigners

MarieS 3 1581 18-5-2015 09:42  

Laatste

MarieS
een waterke aub!
2 posts

16-5-2015
11:48

'climbing permit' for foreigners

Hi,
I live in the Netherlands and (since this is not the best country for climbers ) I want to go climbing to Belgium next weekend. I heard that there is a 'climbing permit' needed to do that, but I found contradictory information on the details. I hope somebody here can help me to sort this out, that would be great!
I found out that I could become a member of the Dutch climbing association and then on top of that buy a climbing permit (see http://www.nkbv.nl/lidmaatschap).
But what if I became a member of the DAV (German climbing association) instead? (I'd prefer that because I often go climbing in Germany and would like to support the community there) Would I still need an additional climbing permit, or would my membership card be enough?
Would be great if somebody could help me with that!
Thanks, Marie

Hube
Master Chief
5488 posts

16-5-2015
22:19

Hi Marie,

For what I know members of UIAA affiliated associations that have reciprocity agreement with the CAB and KBF associations (respectively french and dutch speaking associations) may climb in Belgium without permit. I suppose DAV has such a reciprocity agreement.
Special rules apply to members of the NKBV.

Best Regards,

Hube

MarieS
een waterke aub!
2 posts

18-5-2015
09:42

thanks, Hube!