De oplossing voor wie even geen zin heeft om te werken of studeren. Als het met klimmen te maken heeft, dan moet je hier niet zijn!
Titel Gepost door Berichten Views Laatste    

(split) Gezever met geweetwelwie

paulus 84 4378 6-7-2008 20:53  

Laatste

paulus
tooghanger
120 posts

23-4-2004
07:56

bergrat, op uw werk kunt ge toch klimmen ?

bergrat
soms ga ik ook klimmen
1627 posts

23-4-2004

spijtig genoeg niet, fitnissen da wel.
maar mee de verhuis die hier op til staat is het meer inpakken en tussendoor nog beetje werken

[last edited on 2004.04.20 13:13:56]

Chris
soms ga ik ook klimmen
1238 posts

23-4-2004

klimmen op 't werk

Hee bergrat, iets meer dan een jaar geleden postte iemand dit op rec.climbing:

THE STALL

In the four years since I have graduated college I have traveled around a bit, and now as I wait for grad schools to reply to my applications, I am sort of in the same boat as you. "What the hell am I doing with my life, do I want to stay in this career, do I really want to go back to school, do I look fat in these pants?"

Well, no matter what you chose to do professionally/academically, you will make time to do the personal things you really want to if they are important enough to you, even if the timing/place is inappropriate. Exhibit A: TR of the Fourth floor bathroom far end stall.

After beginning my job here with *A Financial Services Company* three years back, I found that I was spending most of my time trying to find new ways to avoid actually doing work. The old tried and true methods never fail, and majority of my non-working at work hours were spent in the can, reading the paper, napping, organizing my wallet, etc. One day while not going potty while sitting on the potty I realized that the double industrial roll toilet paper holder would make a pretty good sloper when gripped in the right fashion. Looking around the stall, I realized that this one had a unique feature compared to the others: The toilet seat cover dispenser is on the tile wall opposite the paper holder, not behind the can like the other 7 on my floor (really, I have amassed a lot of time in them). Peering behind me, I noticed the reason for this anomaly was a metallic door located in the place where the cover dispenser should be, but I did not think to investigate the purpose for this door. Instead, I gripped the sloper, crimped the cover, placed my wingtips on two bolt heads, and managed to levitate myself a couple of inches off the throne.

My mind raced: I knew that I could now easily combine my two favorite hobbies: Not working at work and climbing. I spent the next several weeks planning a route: toe jams and finger locks in the gaps between the stall divider hardware, edging on bolt heads, smears off opposing walls. My goal became clear: to complete a "lap" of the stall by turning 360 degrees and re-depositing myself on the depository.

The challenges facing this task were many. Work picked up and I had less time to not work. My office went from suits to casual, and I had trouble locating casual shoes that edged as well as my leather soled wing-tips. I dislocated my finger, became engaged, got married, got promoted, etc.

The dangers of this route were greater. Quickly after starting this I found out the hard way my biggest obstacle was other co-workers. The first time I was "walked in on," I was mid way through the route, doing a no-hands stem on two opposing walls. The individual came in and took a seat in the far stall. I was pretty hosed. I didn't know how to dismount from my position without causing a ruckus. I couldn't reach the handle to flush the toilet to create some noise. My legs started to elvis as lactic acid build-up began, I started to sweat, and un-intentionally, I began to emit a strained grunt from the exhaustion. As the time slowly passed by (20 seconds?), the grunt grew louder until I heard the other individual start to paper up, flush and quickly exit the john. I guess my grunt became a little louder than I thought.

My two biggest close calls happened on subsequent events, and made be put the project on an indefinite hold. On my first attempt of that day I felt good. Fresh, limber, full of life. I began the route, levitating, then toe jams, fingers locks, big stem, started to make the turn around the back of the toilet (crux of the route). My foot slipped off of my tile smear, I blew the over the stall jug, nearly put my foot in the toilet, and put my head squarely into the mystery metallic door on the wall behind the can. The door swung open into the wall (not into the stall) and for a brief moment, my head stuck halfway into a new mystery shaft that the mystery door had previously concealed. My head would have remained longer, but I noticed a very large object coming up to me. I yelled "crap" and pulled my head out of the shaft as the back side of an elevator car pulled up, stopped, then continued up again. Fortunately the metallic door had laid flush with the wall completely open. I pulled it shut, cleaned myself up, and went back to work with a large red mark on my forehead.

Later that day, after the embarrassment subsided, I gave it another shot. I moved tenuously past the tile foot smear, came around the corner, and nearly completed my project when tragedy stuck. I tried positioning my rear-end over the commode, but was "off center" a little bit. I moved over to my left and weighted the toilet seat cover dispenser I was crimping with the majority of my mass. The plastic dispenser gave under my load, and ripped from the wall. Now I had actually been placing a seat cover down as I worked the project, as it was a "sit start" and I couldn't work it with my pants around my ankles. I shot my foot down to catch myself, and my foot landed on the seat. Actually, it landed on the cover, which slid off the seat. In doing so, my toe found that gap in the front of the seat, and I managed to roll my ankle. I continued down, trying to keep from landing in the toilet, I straitened my arms out. I landed on my knees, arms on the floor, with my head about 3 inches from smacking the seat. I once again cleaned my self up, tried to restore the cover dispenser to its original state (unsuccessfully), and limped back to my desk with a bum ankle, bruised knees, a red forehead (still), and no pride. I didn't use that stall again for another year.

Two days after Susan and I learned we were expecting, I found myself sitting in that same stall, contemplating life. "Will I ever have time to go climbing again, will Susan let me go climbing, will the kid like me enough to climb with me?" This was the first time I had used it since the "fall." I guess you return to your comfort places when you need. I took in the scene in the stall: the plastic cover dispenser had been replaced by a nice new metal one. Thinking it was a message, I sent the problem, almost in perfect form. I rate it a V negative 2, and have named it "the stall."

You'll keep doing what you want to do, if you want to do it. You'll keep your friends if you want to. Just look for the signs, they'll help you find your way.

[last edited on 2004.04.20 15:34:02]

Joris
BCN security expert
2084 posts

23-4-2004

@ Jolien: waart ge gisteren avond toevallig in d'n Olympia?

----------------
"Many years ago, I climbed the mountains, even thought it is forbidden.
Things are not as they teach us; the world is hollow, and I have touched the sky."

http://klimmen.no-ip.com

jolien
kzal r int vervolg op lette
462 posts
Ook al zit je in een stampvol cafÃ, alleen zijn kan je overal

23-4-2004

nee waart gij mss daar (gij zijt toch die joris van die klimschoentjes he???) ik mag z van mn mama kope he mak kan pas volgende week es kome naar d olympia op ne dinsdag of donderdag laat ma iet wete rond hoelaat g meestal daar zijt

----------------
not so dead afraid

bergrat
soms ga ik ook klimmen
1627 posts

23-4-2004

Wat is de Nederlandse taal toch mooi hé
je kunt daar zo van die volledige zinnen mee schrijven, moet je eens doen is best wel leuk.

Robbe
the spam club
2123 posts

23-4-2004

in zo'n situaties is het best van register te veranderen!

maar bergrat, je gaat of-topic!

gade de volgende keer fotos nemen als je valt jolien?
of als je gewoon klimt?
(maar dat gaat moeilijk worden, dus mischien laten nemen )

----------------
"Gravity is a myth, the Earth sucks."

jolien
462 posts

23-4-2004

euh ik zou wel willen maar ik vrees dat ik niet echt op een foto plak.. Ik pak daar niet op

----------------
not so dead afraid

Q.
Le FLEAQ
4612 posts

23-4-2004

Ik ook niet who cares....

Foto van mij kan je zien in mijn profiel..

----------------
Need a Climbing Wallpaper Http://users.pandora.be/ghost.buster

bergrat
soms ga ik ook klimmen
1627 posts

23-4-2004

hehe, hoe belachelijk zijde gij
gij plakt inderdaad niet op papier

[last edited on 2004.04.22 20:28:48]

Q.
Le FLEAQ
4612 posts

23-4-2004

hehe, hoe belachelijk zijde gij
gij plakt inderdaad niet op papier

Gelukkig wel op PC.

----------------

jolien
462 posts

23-4-2004

amaai da val nog mee ik pak daar nog veel slechter op hoor

----------------
not so dead afraid

Q.
Le FLEAQ
4612 posts

23-4-2004

Bedankt....

----------------

Robbe
the spam club
2123 posts

23-4-2004

in welk dialect word het hier gepraat? ben precies niet meer mee

----------------
"Gravity is a myth, the Earth sucks."

Joris
BCN security expert
2084 posts

23-4-2004

lol als toch iedereen foto's van zichzelf gaat rondstrooien, op mijn site en op mijn profiel staan ook foto's van mij

----------------
"Many years ago, I climbed the mountains, even thought it is forbidden.
Things are not as they teach us; the world is hollow, and I have touched the sky."

http://klimmen.no-ip.com

[last edited on 2004.04.22 23:37:05]

bergrat
soms ga ik ook klimmen
1627 posts

23-4-2004
09:05

op de site van lpm staat enen van mij, twee jaar geleden als ik zo een 15 killo magerder was. echt geen zicht.
Voor de rest zijn er volgens mij geen foto's van mij op het tinternet te vinden.
en gelukkig maar...

Q.
Le FLEAQ
4612 posts

23-4-2004
10:03

Van mij is er op het net nog één andere te vinden. Degene die dat vind betaal ik een pint.

----------------

bergrat
soms ga ik ook klimmen
1627 posts

23-4-2004
11:12

trouwens eventjes tussendoor, Gezever met geweetwelwie, geweetwelwie?

Q.
Le FLEAQ
4612 posts

23-4-2004
11:14

Weetgijwelwie!!!!

----------------

heidi
funny bunny
2344 posts

23-4-2004
11:55

dit zijn in ieder geval al de fans van gosthbuster dixit himself op 't bp forum

http://www.patrick.fm/boobies/boobies.php?text=GhostBuster

[edit] damn link werkt niet...busta, kunt ge deze zelf nog es posten?
----------------
bunnies have more fun

[last edited on 2004.04.23 11:55:20]